UNIT 1. BREAKING THE ICE
To make the world a friendly place,
one must show it a friendly face.
1. Read the following words of wisdom. What do they mean?
· The world is a looking glass and gives back to each person a reflection of his attitude.
· Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you – not because they are nice, but because you are.
· True politeness is perfect ease and freedom. It simply consists in treating others just as you love to be treated yourself. (Chesterfield)
· Ceremonies are different in every country, but true POLITENESS is everywhere the same. (Oliver Goldsmith)
Дата добавления: 2015-09-11; просмотров: 584;