Medical Service in Britain
In Britain there is a National Health Service (the NHS), which is paid for by taxes and national insurance, and in general people do not have to pay for medical treatment. Every person is registered with a doctor in their local area, known as a general practitioner or GP. This means that the patient’s name is on the GP’s list, and the patient may make an appointment to see the doctor or may call the doctor out to him if he is ill. People sometimes have to pay part of the cost of drugs that the doctor prescribes. GPs are trained in general medicine but are not specialists in any particular subject. If a patient needs to see a specialist doctor, he must first go to his GP and then the GP will make an appointment for the patient to see a specialist at a hospital or clinic.
Although everyone in Britain can have free treatment under the NHS, it is also possible to have treatment done privately, for which one has to pay. Some people have private health insurance to help them to pay for private treatment. Under the NHS people who need to go to hospital may have to wait for a long time on a waiting list for their treatment. If they pay for the treatment, they will probably get it more quickly. Anyone who is very ill can call an ambulance and get taken to hospital for free urgent medical treatment. Ambulances are a free service in Britain.
Задание 3. Ответьте на следующие вопросы по содержанию текста:
1. Является ли здравоохранение платным для граждан Великобритании?
2. Каким образом пациент может обратиться к узкому специалисту?
3. Существует ли частное медицинское страхование в Великобритании?
4.Можно ли вызвать машину скорой помощи бесплатно?
Задание 4.Закончите предложения в соответствии с содержанием текста:
1. In Britain people do not have to pay for…...
2. Every person is registered with a doctor known as…….
3. If a patient needs to see a specialist doctor, he must first go to his ……
4. Some people have private health…..
5. Anyone who is very ill can call an ambulance and get free …..
Дата добавления: 2014-12-21; просмотров: 1385;